14/02/2018

Urban Space NYC

Another foodie post coming your way today. Typical Ella, although there is a bit of fashion thrown in as well for that added variety. Before going to New York, you can rest assured that Flo and I did a lot of research into places we wanted to visit and eat. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. 

Urban Space was one of the last spots we wanted to tick off our (very long) list. A sort of indoor food festival that Flo had seen on Instagram, Urban Space is located on 45th street just off 5th Avenue, and the cherry on top, it's there all year round.



Just a quick plug for The Butcher's Daughter again. This was their Brazilian Blast smoothie, which was loaded with acai, goji berries, almond milk and camus berry powder, and absolutely delicious.
The perfect afternoon pick me up.
Onto the next food stop... pretty much never-ending on this blog. 
Urban Space is a bustling, warehouse type building flooded with people and a huge variety of cuisines to taste. The perfect spot for a bite to eat in the evening after a day of shopping, or simply for after work drinks with colleagues if you're a local. 
There's something for every appetite here. Think sushi, burgers, noodles, and lots of really healthy options too if you're more that way inclined.
Being a veggie, Two Tablespoons was the pop-up that caught my eye. Offering everything from macro bowls to veggie burgers, and even breakfast options, I struggled to make a choice here. 
After much deliberation, I opted for one of the macro bowls. Mine was called the "Summer Satori", a mixture of herbed tofu, kale, quinoa, and a cucumber, radish and dill salad. 
The ideal healthy dinner after a few days of indulgence, as is necessary when in New York. 
After such a healthy dinner, it would be rude not to get dessert right? So of course we headed straight for the doughnuts, which were devoured in minutes. 
As a big Gossip Girl fan, I couldn't be in New York and not visit the Public Library steps so often frequented by Blair Waldorf and her minions. We'd been shopping on Fifth Avenue earlier in the day and we just happened to stumble upon them.
Inevitably, I had to have my own Gossip Girl moment so made sure we came back later to get a snap on the steps. 
Even if you're not a fan of the TV show, its still a great spot in the city to come and relax with a book, and there's some amazing architecture to admire.
I'm currently in my last week of lectures before our much anticipated reading week, which couldn't come sooner. This time, my friends and I are off to Miami!!!

Feeling so lucky to be able to visit these amazing places during my year abroad, and am unbelievably excited for the 30 degree rise in temperature I'm going to experience as I step off that plane next Monday. The Canadian winter cold is really getting old now. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment