20/12/2017

Autumn Morning in New York

Another post from New York for you today, and another delicious brunch option. Because when is food not on my mind? Tired from travelling the previous day, we leisurely spent the morning slowly getting ready before heading out into the warm Autumnal weather. 
We headed to the Lower Manhattan location of Jack's Wife Freda, situated on Lafayette Street. Having heard so many raving reviews of the American-Meditteranean eatery, I was eager to drag my friends along for one of many amazing meals in New York.



Although easy to locate on a bustling street, you should anticipate a short wait for a table as the actual restaurant isn't overly big. But I promise it'll be worth the wait.
Enough photos of us. On to the important stuff...
Having been severely deprived of good cheese since coming to Canada in September, I couldn't not get the poached eggs with grilled tomato and halloumi. 
Served with fresh sourdough bread and drizzled with pesto.
The perfect way to start off the morning.
^ That's the chicken prego - a grilled chicken burger flavoured with smoked paprika aioli and of course served with fries. 
The menu is not overly extensive but expertly curated so that there's something for everyone, from waffles to salads to sandwiches. 
Oh, and they do great coffee. 
Very much appeased by our second New York brunch, we set out on our second day of exploring the amazing city. 

The Lower Manhattan area was one of our favourites. 
A chilled vibe, not too busy, and plenty to see. 
^ Laura looking adorable and clearly enjoying herself.
See, I told you we liked the area.
It's getting pretty close to Christmas now, which means a much deserved break back in England, but I've still got lots to catch you up on from New York and Canada.

I feel so lucky to have done all of the travelling I have this semester, and can't wait to see what next year holds. I think Miami is calling my name...

0 comments:

Post a Comment