13/01/2018

Distillery District Christmas Market

Just as a brief break from my New York posts, and given that Christmas is well and truly over *cries*, I thought I would post my pictures from the Toronto Christmas market.
Open from mid-November to just before Christmas, we took the opportunity just before exams to head on over to Toronto for a weekend. 
Being a typical Canadian winter, we made sure we wrapped up very, very warm.



I've been to a fair few Christmas markets in my lifetime, but none which have put in as much effort in terms of festive decorations as Toronto. Think towering, glittering trees, glittering disco balls and the unforgettable "naughty or nice" sign bedecking the bar area. 
There's even an area abounding in pink, glowing Christmas trees; what more could you want?
Lights sparkle in every visible direction, creating that magical feeling. It's difficult to leave the market without feeling at least a tiny bit festive, even those bah humbugs out there.
We fell in love with this giant glitter ball suspended above the market. We couldn't neglect the perfect photo opportunity.
^ The gals looking super cute in front of the huge Christmas tree.
Flo convinced me to try Raclette for the first time. It's a Swiss cheese which is slowly grilled so that it melts and then can be scraped onto a dish full of baby roast potatoes. 
A good recommendation, I must admit.
Of course, we also had to try some mulled wine and cider, as perfectly modelled here by Jyoti. 
Personally, the best mulled wine I've ever tasted. Delicately spiced with a hint of sweetness.
Love these pictures of my lovely friends.
We personally didn't do much shopping when at the market, but there were plenty of little huts selling cute trinkets and potential gifts. As you've probably realised, our trip essentially turned into a food and drink tour of Toronto Christmas market (as per).

Glad I've found myself some friends over here who love food just as much as me. Don't know who I'd do all this eating with otherwise. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment